Monday, January 7, 2013

Heavy Load


An unusual boat, plying the summer waters of Port Phillip Bay, past Queenscliff and heading out to Bass Strait through The Rip.
I had to Google some details.
This ship was only built in June 2012 - adding to the large NYK-HINODE Japanese fleet of heavy load carriers.

Chunky carrier
Like a bold challenge to seas 
Monster of the deeps

NOTE: While it is my turn to post, MMT is the keeper of links for this blog.
But she is away in Ireland!
So I have used my own inLinkz account which is set to GMT time not PST time.
Hopefully I have aligned the two time zones.
Please be patient if this post appears and not inLinkz!

Ruby Tuesday 2

20 comments:

Pictografio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pictografio said...

Great, I just love ships :)

Felisol said...

Mighty ship rolling fearlessly om the blue waves.

I'll have to check in for Mr. Linky, I guess. I envy MMT who is in lovely Ireland.

Tina´s PicStory said...

great shot! :) my entry is on:
http://tinaspicstory.blogspot.de/2013/01/ein-kleiner-anfang.html

namaki said...

those are carrying the "blood" of our economy ....
great capture !

Zevhur said...

Great poem and photo. Thanks for guest-hosting. Have a great week.

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

I was shocked by how new the ship is...it looks old. Thanks for the party.
Laurie @ Pride in photos

Ralph said...

That is an amazing ship - not beautiful so much as impressive. Function defines its true beauty...I like how that is called 'The Rip', it must be quite choppy traversing that strait!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wonderful pic & poem!
Happy New Year!

Maude Lynn said...

That is so cool!

Jim said...

Good red post.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful shot ~ Wow! Ocean and ship dynamic!

Jackie said...

That is a great shot and those babies are so so huge!

I am always amazed when I see them at the harbors with my hubby!

I got mine up late but it's good to be back.

Happy RT to all!

Lina Gustina said...

Captured wonderfully!

http://www.womenandperspectives.com/2013/01/the-boat.html

Gattina said...

Amazing that such a heavy monster floats !

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Great shot, Gemma!
Thanks for hosting.

Hootin Anni said...

I love big ships!!!! And watching them come into our harbor, I'll spend a long time just mesmerized by their whole being. Excellent post Gemma.

Halcyon said...

A nice touch of red in all that blue!

Marie said...

Happy New Year! Nice sunny pic. Panama?

Maria's Space said...

Cool tanker. I never really see anything like that anymore